Empowered Homes and SEAformatics to Pitch at Propel ICT Demo Day
Six companies from Propel's Build program were accepted, and eight from Propel's Launch program, two from each province, were also accepted. The two companies from NL are both tied to the Genesis Centre, and congratulations are certainly in order.
One of the accepted companies, Empowered Homes, is a current portfolio company in Genesis' Enterprise program, and has office space within the Centre. Empowered Homes is the most recent company accepted to the Enterprise program, and is owned and operated by two engineering graduate brothers. The other company, SEAformatics, completed the Genesis Evolution program in Summer 2015. These two companies' acceptance to the regional Demo Day event is incredibly exciting, and we cannot wait to see their pitches, both in person, and via livestream.
Empowered Homes and SEAformatics were chosen to pitch at Demo Day from a group of eight companies that participated in the NL Propel ICT Launch cohort. Of these eight companies, seven had previously completed the Genesis Evolution program, and the eighth was Empowered Homes. This close linkage between Genesis and Propel ICT demonstrates the strong entrepreneurial ecosystem we have here in the province.
Congratulations Empowered Homes and SEAformatics!
Full list of Demo Day pitching companies:
- Nova Scotia: SHED, Swell Advantage
- New Brunswick: ReadyPass, Yimbie
- Newfoundland: SEAformatics, Empowered Homes
- Prince Edward Island: Airbly, Mighty Pebble Games 'Miner Meltdown'
- TotalPave - Fredericton, NB
- WellTrack - Fredericton, NB
- Garago Software - Moncton, NB
- Repable - Moncton NB, Toronto ON
- Woodscamp - Lunenburg, NS
- OnSet Communications - Charlottetown, PE
RSVP to Propel ICT's Demo Day in Halifax here.